Monday was officially the first day of summer, and to kick the new season off, I have compiled a list of ten fun summer reads. I have also linked the Goodreads pages for all of the books so you can read the full synopsis of any of these titles.
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson- Since You’ve Been Gone is the perfect summer read. It is a coming of age story set in the summer with fun characters, an engaging plot, and a cute romance. The friendships in this book were also a wonderful aspect.
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell- Carry On is a fun spin off/companion novel to Fangirl (You don’t need to read Fangirl before Carry On though). This book is kind of a parody of Harry Potter, except it has more romance and humor.
- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda Becky Albertalli– Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda is a lighthearted LGBT novel by debut author Becky Albertalli. This book is super cute, relatable, and fast paced. Also I loved the Harry Potter references.
- Salt To The Sea by Ruta Sepeteys- Once in awhile over the summer I want to read a more thought provoking book. Salt To The Sea by Ruta Sepeteys makes you think, is fast paced. and is very well written. The pages fly while you’re reading it, and the characters will stay with you long after you close the book.
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins-Anna and the French Kiss is a fluffy YA contemporary you will never want to put down. This book has a great setting, fun realistic characters, and a swoon worthy romance.
- I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson- I’ll Give You The Sun is a well crafted Young Adult contemporary novel about two twins. The two perspectives and the way the story combines at the end are both great aspects of this story.
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken-The Darkest Minds is a fast paced dystopian novel. This book is a lot of fun to read with great characters, an interesting plot, and a dark premise.
- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han- The Summer I Turned Pretty is definitely not my favorite book, but it is an entertaining book to get you in the summer spirit.
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead-I have only read the first three books in the Vampire Academy series, but I have loved all of them. This series is addicting. You are probably going to read it back to back. Vampire Academy is the perfect read for the beach.
- The Selection by Kiera Cass- The Selection is similar to Vampire Academy- you can’t get enough of it. This book has a wonderful prince, a Hunger Games esque setting, and a really fun plot.
Those are my summer reading recommendations. If you have read any of these books, let me know what you thought of them. Also if you have any other summer recommendations, I would love to hear them. Happy Summer!