June was a very good reading month for me. I read seven books, and I wasn’t home for most of June.
The Books I Completed in June
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken- 4.5/5 stars: I have a full review up if you would like to know all of my thoughts, but I overall I really enjoyed this book.
- The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon- 4/5 stars: I did have some problems with this book, but it was very entertaining. I have a full review up for this book to if you would like to know all of my thoughts
- Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven- 5/5 stars: I absolutely adored this book. It was funny, romantic, and important. I also have a full review for this book up.,
- Drag Teen by Jeffery Self- 2.5/5 stars: Unfortunately, I did not love this book as much as I wanted to. It was pretty cliche, however it was entertaining.
- Salt To The Sea by Ruta Sepeteys- 5/5 stars: This book was beautiful, educational, and fast paced. I really enjoyed it! Again, I do have a full review up for this book.
- And I Darken by Kiersten White- 5/5 stars: I loved this book so much. The writing was awesome, the plot had so many layers, and the characters were real. I will have a full review of this book up in a few days with all of my thoughts.
- Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi- 3.5/5 stars: Overall I really enjoyed Tahereh Mafi’s new book. However, the plot was just not super interesting for me. I will have a full review up in a few days for this book.
Fun Bookish Things I Did:
This month I went to Charleston, South Carolina, where I did some fun bookish things. First I went to the Charleston Library Society which was founded in 1748. This was a very cool experience.
Then I also went to this super cool independent bookstore called Blue Bicycle Books. It was pretty big, and really cute. I did not buy any books there, but I did get an awesome T shirt.
Charleston has a market where artists sell there art. I met an author named Arylias Nova who was selling her book Spark at the night market in Charleston. She had a pretty awesome booth, and I’m super excited to pick up her book in the next month.
Another exciting thing that happened this month, was I started this blog and my bookstagram. I have had an amazing time being apart of the book community, and I’m excited to continue blogging for many years to come.
Other Random Things:
My love of Hamilton is still going strong, except now I have discovered the world of deleted Hamilton songs. Such as Congratulations. And the John Adams Rap. Maybe I will post a review of some deleted Hamilton songs in the near future.
That is about it for my June Wrap Up. What did you do in the month of June? What did you read?