I have decided to start doing Top 5 Wednesdays because I love all of the topics. Top 5 Wednesday was created by GingerReadsLainey on Youtube. Today’s topic is book’s you feel differently about. It can be books you originally liked but now dislike or books you used to dislike but now you like. The books I picked are not listed in any particular order.
- Leigh Ann’s Civil War by Ann Rinaldi- When I first read this book many many years ago, I absolutely loved it. Then a couple months ago, I decided to reread it. When I reread it, I couldn’t even get rhrough it. All the solutions were to easy, and the main character was really petty.
- The Selection by Kiera Cass- I will always love this series for nostalgic reasons, however it is not the phenomenal series that I once believed it was. This is the series that got me into reading after Harry Potter, so for about a year after reading it I worshiped it. Now looking back, I realized how flawed and kind of ridiculous it is.
- The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare- I still really like this series, and I still love The Infernal Devices, however it is definitely not still one of my favorite books like it once was about a year ago.
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman- This book was one of the first Young Adult books I had read, and so naturally I loved it. However I have read many many books since I first read If I Stay, and I have read a lot better books. Also I have recently watched the movie for the first time, and realized why I no longer love it.
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater- When I first read The Raven Boys I had enjoyed it. I thought it was a good book but nothing special. After rereading it in April it became one of my favorite books ever. Top 3 favorite books.
So those were my Top 5 Books I Feel Differently About. I will definitely have another post up next Wednesday. What books do you feel differently about? I would love to know.