August was a busy month! I feel like I had no time to read or blog! Even though I barely blogged this month, I still managed to read six books.Unfortunately I don’t think September will be any better, but I’m going to try to keep reading and blogging.
Books I Read This Month
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio-I really enjoyed Wonder! It lacked plot, but the characters were fun to read about. This book I had a sweet message, and I’m definitely glad I picked it up.
- Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs- I went into this book with very high expectations that were not exactly met. I liked this book, however it wasn’t all I thought it would be.
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater- This book was fantastic! I will have a post up very soon about this book, but in short, I loved The Scorpio Races! It was very fast paced and the character were so real.
- This Savage Song by V.E. Schwab- This book was not as great as I wanted it to be. It was definitely interesting, but it was to slow and didn’t grab my attention.
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins- This was a reread for me, and obviously it was great. Hopefully, I will have a review up soon. I love Anna and the French Kiss, and I’m very glad I decided to reread it.
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins- After reading Anna, I had to reread Lola. This is such a fun series that you should definitely pick up if you haven’t yet.
This month I listened to many musicals, which is probably why I didn’t read or write that much. I listened to a little Hamilton, but Aida dominated my Spotify this month. Aida is the underrated Disney musical by the people that brought us The Lion King, Tim Rice and Elton John. If you like musicals, I can’t recommend Aida enough. Toward the end of the month I began listening to Spring Awakening, but I don’t know a lot about it yet. In next months wrap up I will probably talk more Spring Awakening.
Next month I start dance again, so I won’t read as much. However I do plan on picking up Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes, Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, and Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas.
That was my August Wrap Up! Let me know some of the books you read this month. I would also love to know some of your musical recommendations!