Oh September where did you go! I cannot believe it is already October! I was quite busy this month between dance, Glee marathons, and homework. September was definitely not my best reading month, but I still managed to read six and a half books.
Books I Read This Month
- Jack and Louisa: Act 1 by Andrew Keenan-Bolger and Kate Wetherhead- Jack and Louisa is a super fun middle grade series about two kids that are MSNs (musical theater nerds). Being the MSN that I am, I really enjoyed this quick read full of theater references.
2. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard- Going into Red Queen, I had very low expectations. However, I have to say I enjoyed this book. It definitely was not my favorite book of the year, but it definitely was not terrible.
3. Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas- Ahh yes one of the most anticipated books of 2016 and I could not get through it. I don’t know if I read this book at a bad time or if it is just bad, but in the two weeks I was reading it, I only got through half of it. I still definitely want to finish it, just not this month.
4. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton- The Outsiders is my favorite book of all time, so obviously I was delighted to reread it for the twenty-fourth time this month. Obviously you need to read this book if you have not already.
5. The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer- I absolutely love Chris Colfer, so obviously I had to pick up his middle grade book series. I really enjoyed this book! It was whimsical and fun, and I will have a full review up for it in the next week.
6. Spontaneous by Aaron Starmer- Spontaneous was another book I didn’t expect to like as much as I did. It was funny, original, and interesting. My biggest problem with it was the end and the completely unrelatable protagonist.
7. Jack and Louisa: Act 2 by Andrew Keenan-Bolger and Kate Wetherhead- This was the second Jack and Louisa book I read this month. Like I said before, this is such a fun series. I would have to say that I did enjoy Act 1 better then Act 2, but this was still a fun installment in this series.
This month I listened to a lot of Spring Awakening. In one sentence. this musical is about German teenagers in the late eighteen hundreds that have a lot of problems. I was originally pulled into this awesome rock musical when I watched them perform at the Tony Awards. I may have a review for the Spring Awakening Deaf West Revival coming soon.
Also this month I watched and listened to a lot of Glee. I had started watching Glee in the past, but I had never gotten into it. This month, however, I got hooked on it. Right now I’m about half way through season three, and really enjoying it.
So that is my kind of late September Wrap Up! What was the best book you read this month? I would love to know!