I know I say this every month, but October and November really flew by! I can’t believe it is already December. I have been in kind of a blogging slump, but I think that I am finally out of it. These past two months I only got around to reading seven books total. The books I did read, however, were all pretty good.
Books I Read in October
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo- If you read my review for Crooked Kingdom then you probably know that I thought it was fantastic. I went into a lot of spoiler free detail in my review linked here.
- The Midnight Star by Marie Lu- Unfortunately the conclusion to Marie Lu’s most recent trilogy was unsatisfying and lacking. It was to short and the pacing was really off. I have a full review linked here.
- The Thousandth Floor by Katherine McGee- The futuristic (but not dystopic) future of The Thousandth Floor was so much fun to read about! The characters were interesting, the drama and plot was thrilling, and the setting was sparkling. I definitely recommend picking up this book.
Books I Read in November
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski- When I first picked up this book I did not finish it. However, I have seen this book way to much not to try and read it again. This time around, I really enjoyed it. I have a full review linked here.
- The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski- The second book in the Winner’s trilogy was better than the first one. I’m so happy that I decided to give this trilogy a second chance. I have a full review linked here.
- The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski- I haven’t actually finished this book (I have about fifteen percent left). The Winner’s Kiss is probably the best book in the series. I will definitely be posting a review for the concluding novel in this trilogy as soon as I finish the book.
4. Fantastic and Where To Find Them: The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling- As you might know, I adored the Fantastic Beasts movie (I have a full movie review linked here). The screen play was no different. You should definitely see the movie before reading this book. It is easier to picture and understand the scenes if you have seen the movies.
For about three months, I was not posting as much as I would have liked to on this blog. I even forgot to post my October Wrap Up! I do seem to be back on track now, and will hopefully continue to post three to four times a week.
I have added a feature to my blog called Bookish Buzz. This is basically where I tell you all about the recent bookish news. I planned to post at the end of every month, but now I think I will probably post a Bookish Buzz every other week. It all depends on how much news I have.
In November I finished my Glee TV show marathon. I absolutely loved this show (even though seasons four and six were a little rough). I really liked how it all ended and even though half of things that happened didn’t make sense.
I’m kind of in love with Jessie Mueller’s two newest musicals, Beautiful: The Carole King Musical and Waitress. Carole King has always been one of my favorite artists, and I absolutely loved Beautiful when I saw it about a year ago. Recently I have been listening to the music again and adoring it again. Waitress is a new musical that I have just started listening to. I cannot recommend it enough.
As I write this, I am listening to the newly dropped Hamilton MixTape. If you are a Hamilton fan, you definitely need to listen to the mixtape. If you are not a Hamilton fan, you need to become a Hamilton fan and then listen to the mixtape. I will most likely write a review for this album.
I don’t know about you, but I am beyond excited for Hairspray Live. Last year, Grease Live was absolutely awesome, so I definitely have high expectations for this new live TV musical.
That was my October and November wrap up! What books did you read these passed two months? What do you plan on reading in December? I would love to know.
Currently Reading: The Winner’s Kiss