December and this year went by way so fast! The holidays came and went, and I have been csuper busy. I feel like I didn’t get any reading done, but I still managed to read 5 books, DNFed 1 book, and read 1 short story.
Books I Read
- When We Collided by Emery Lord-3/5 stars-I enjoyed this book, though it definitely was not my favorite read of this month. I have a full review in case you would like to know all of my thoughts.
2. The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner-DNF at 65%- This book was definitely not for me. I won’t go into the reasons why I decided not to complete this novel, but I do a full discussion on it.
3. Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland-4/5 stars-I liked how different this contemporary was, however is was a little over the top. A full review for this book will be going up very soon.
4. Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell-4/5 stars-This was a wonderful short story that I highly recommend if you are a Rainbow Rowell fan (and if you are not a Rainbow Rowell fan than please read one of her books). I have a review for this story containing all of my thoughts.
5. Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli-5/5 stars-Obviously this is a reread for me. You can click on any one of my posts and read all about my undying love for this book.
6. The Fangirl’s Guide To The Galaxy by Sam Maggs-2/5 stars-This handbook just was not for me. I will have a review up soon for it, but it was defintely not my favorite read this month.
7. A List of Cages by Robin Roe-4.25/5 stars-This book was really sad but entertaining but important. If that makes any sense. I don’t want to say I enjoyed it, but it was executed so well, and I flew through it in nearly one sitting. I read this book via Netgalley, and it will not be released until January 10. I have
First off, Hairspray Live was performed this month and it was everything I ever wanted. I love the live TV musicals and Hairspray definitely did not disappoint. I have been listening to the soundtrack non stop.
I am currently in love with Newsies. I like the movie, love the musical soundtrack, and cannot wait for the musical recording to hit theatres in February.
In this New Year, I have created a TBR jar inspired by many people on the internet. I basically put a bunch of different reading challenges such as “read a favorite book again” or “read a debut novel” in a jar. Then, every month I pull a challenge from the jar and read a book that completes that challenge. For January I pulled “Read a graphic novel”. I have probably never read a graphic novel, so do you have any recommendations?
That was my update for the final month of 2016. Overall it was pretty uneventful (besides Christmas of course!). What did you read this month? What do you want to read next month? Did you watch Hairspray Live? I would love to know!
Currently Reading: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Goodreads: Lucy’s Literature